This delicious vegan chocolate cake is made with simple, plant-based ingredients and is perfect for any occasion. It's rich, moist, and chocolatey, and topped with a decadent chocolate ganache that will satisfy any sweet tooth.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the Chocolate Ganache:
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour two 9-inch (23 cm) round cake pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond milk, vegetable oil, vinegar, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool completely in the pans.
- While the cakes are cooling, make the chocolate ganache. In a small saucepan, heat the coconut milk over low heat until it starts to simmer.
- Add the chocolate chips to the saucepan and stir until they are completely melted and smooth.
- Remove the ganache from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes, until it thickens slightly.
- Once the cakes are completely cool, remove them from the pans and place one cake layer on a serving plate.
- Spread a layer of the chocolate ganache over the top of the cake.
- Place the second cake layer on top of the first and spread another layer of ganache over the top.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 30 minutes before serving.
This Vegan Chocolate Cake recipe is an indulgent and satisfying dessert that everyone will love, whether they're vegan or not. It's easy to make, with simple ingredients, and is perfect for birthdays, special occasions, or any time you're craving a rich and chocolatey treat. The chocolate ganache takes it to the next level and adds an extra layer of decadence. Enjoy!
Pomelo Noodle Salad
You can use another citrus if pomelo isn't available. Blood oranges, cara cara, kishus, etc would be welcome. Also, a quick reminder re: toasted sesame oil - make sure yours isn't rancid. It's one of those oils that tends to sit around people's kitchens. Making sure it's relatively fresh makes a huge difference.Ingredients:6 ounces dried…
Oil and Vinegar Slaw
Ingredients:1/4 cup red wine vinegar2 tablespoons sugar2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil, eyeball it1 sack, 16 ounces, shredded cabbage mix for slaw salads1 teaspoon saltSalt and pepper
Straightforward Spring Salad recipes
Serves 4.Ingredients:1 and 1/2 orange, juice only1/2 lemon, juice only1/2 small red onion, chopped1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil1/8 teaspoon fine grain salt4 big handfuls of salad greens, washed and dried1/2 cup walnut halves, toasted1/3 cup black olives, (the wrinkly, oily ones), pittedInstructions:In a medium bowl whisk together the juice of 1/2 orange, lemon juice,…
Tossed Salad with Mushrooms
Ingredients:2 tablespoons red wine vinegar1/2 teaspoon salt1/8 teaspoon pepper1/2 teaspoon oregano5 tablespoons olive oil8 cups mixed baby salad greens1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved1 8-oz. jar marinated mushrooms, drained
Vegetable Rice Salads with Beans
Ingredients:2 cups waterSalt1 cup short-grain brown rice1/2 pound green beans, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces2 carrots, peeled, diced2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice1/2 teaspoon salt1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper1 tablespoon Dijon mustard6 tablespoons extra-virgin oil1 celery rib, diced1 red bell pepper, cored, diced1 bunch scallions, chopped1 1/2 cups canned chickpeasChopped dill, for garnishChopped parsley, for…
Ingredients:2½ lbs. carrotsJuice of 6 oranges (about 2 cups)1 tsp. orange-flower water