Mushroom stroganoff is a classic comfort food dish that is perfect for a cozy night in. This vegan version of stroganoff is just as rich and creamy as the traditional version, but without the dairy. It's made with mushrooms, onions, and a vegan cream sauce, making it a great source of protein and fiber. Serve it over pasta or rice for a filling and delicious meal that the whole family will love.
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until they release their liquid and are browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and cook until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the thyme, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle the flour over the mushroom mixture and stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes to cook off the raw flour taste.
- Slowly pour in the vegetable broth, stirring constantly, until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the vegan sour cream and Dijon mustard to the skillet and stir until the sauce is creamy and well combined.
- Serve the stroganoff over pasta or rice, garnished with fresh parsley if desired.
Conclusion: This comforting and creamy vegan mushroom stroganoff is a delicious and satisfying meal that is easy to make and full of flavor. The combination of mushrooms, onions, and a creamy vegan sauce creates a rich and hearty dish that is perfect for a chilly evening. This vegan version of stroganoff is a great way to enjoy a classic comfort food without the dairy, making it a healthier option that is still just as delicious. Give it a try and enjoy the comforting flavors of this classic dish!