Experience the traditional flavors of Greece with our vegan Dolmades recipe. These little parcels are filled with a delicious mixture of rice, herbs, and vegetables, wrapped in tender grape leaves. These Dolmades are a perfect appetizer or side dish, they are easy to make and can be enjoyed by everyone. Whether you're a vegan or not, this Dolmades is sure to be a hit and a perfect way to experience Greek cuisine. Perfect for a weeknight dinner, or a weekend lunch. Give it a try and you'll see how delicious and satisfying plant-based food can be.
- 1 jar of grape leaves, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/2 cup of diced onion
- 1/2 cup of diced carrots
- 1/2 cup of diced celery
- 1/2 cup of diced leek
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of dried dill
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- In a pan over medium heat, sauté the onion, carrots, celery, leek, and garlic in olive oil until they are softened, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add in the rice, oregano, dill, salt, and pepper and stir until the rice is well coated.
- Add in 1 1/2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 20-25 minutes or until the rice is cooked through.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture cool for a few minutes.
- Lay a grape leaf shiny-side down on a work surface. Place a spoonful of the rice mixture on.
Pomelo Noodle Salad
You can use another citrus if pomelo isn't available. Blood oranges, cara cara, kishus, etc would be welcome. Also, a quick reminder re: toasted sesame oil - make sure yours isn't rancid. It's one of those oils that tends to sit around people's kitchens. Making sure it's relatively fresh makes a huge difference.Ingredients:6 ounces dried…
Oil and Vinegar Slaw
Ingredients:1/4 cup red wine vinegar2 tablespoons sugar2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil, eyeball it1 sack, 16 ounces, shredded cabbage mix for slaw salads1 teaspoon saltSalt and pepper
Straightforward Spring Salad recipes
Serves 4.Ingredients:1 and 1/2 orange, juice only1/2 lemon, juice only1/2 small red onion, chopped1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil1/8 teaspoon fine grain salt4 big handfuls of salad greens, washed and dried1/2 cup walnut halves, toasted1/3 cup black olives, (the wrinkly, oily ones), pittedInstructions:In a medium bowl whisk together the juice of 1/2 orange, lemon juice,…
Tossed Salad with Mushrooms
Ingredients:2 tablespoons red wine vinegar1/2 teaspoon salt1/8 teaspoon pepper1/2 teaspoon oregano5 tablespoons olive oil8 cups mixed baby salad greens1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved1 8-oz. jar marinated mushrooms, drained
Vegetable Rice Salads with Beans
Ingredients:2 cups waterSalt1 cup short-grain brown rice1/2 pound green beans, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces2 carrots, peeled, diced2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice1/2 teaspoon salt1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper1 tablespoon Dijon mustard6 tablespoons extra-virgin oil1 celery rib, diced1 red bell pepper, cored, diced1 bunch scallions, chopped1 1/2 cups canned chickpeasChopped dill, for garnishChopped parsley, for…
Ingredients:2½ lbs. carrotsJuice of 6 oranges (about 2 cups)1 tsp. orange-flower water