Welcome to our vegan version of the classic Peruvian dish, Papa a la Huancaína! This creamy, flavorful potato salad is a staple at any Peruvian gathering, and now it can be enjoyed by vegans and non-vegans alike. With its rich, tangy sauce made from almond milk and vegan mayonnaise, this dish is sure to be a hit at any party or potluck. So why wait? Give this delicious recipe a try and discover the joy of Papa a la Huancaína for yourself!
- 1 pound small yellow potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup diced roasted red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Place the potatoes in a large pot of cold water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- In a blender, combine the almond milk, vegan mayonnaise, onion, roasted red pepper, garlic, lemon juice, paprika, turmeric, salt, and black pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Drain the potatoes and transfer them to a large bowl. Pour the sauce over the potatoes and toss to coat.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know if you have any questions.
Pomelo Noodle Salad
You can use another citrus if pomelo isn't available. Blood oranges, cara cara, kishus, etc would be welcome. Also, a quick reminder re: toasted sesame oil - make sure yours isn't rancid. It's one of those oils that tends to sit around people's kitchens. Making sure it's relatively fresh makes a huge difference.Ingredients:6 ounces dried…
Oil and Vinegar Slaw
Ingredients:1/4 cup red wine vinegar2 tablespoons sugar2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil, eyeball it1 sack, 16 ounces, shredded cabbage mix for slaw salads1 teaspoon saltSalt and pepper
Straightforward Spring Salad recipes
Serves 4.Ingredients:1 and 1/2 orange, juice only1/2 lemon, juice only1/2 small red onion, chopped1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil1/8 teaspoon fine grain salt4 big handfuls of salad greens, washed and dried1/2 cup walnut halves, toasted1/3 cup black olives, (the wrinkly, oily ones), pittedInstructions:In a medium bowl whisk together the juice of 1/2 orange, lemon juice,…
Tossed Salad with Mushrooms
Ingredients:2 tablespoons red wine vinegar1/2 teaspoon salt1/8 teaspoon pepper1/2 teaspoon oregano5 tablespoons olive oil8 cups mixed baby salad greens1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved1 8-oz. jar marinated mushrooms, drained
Vegetable Rice Salads with Beans
Ingredients:2 cups waterSalt1 cup short-grain brown rice1/2 pound green beans, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces2 carrots, peeled, diced2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice1/2 teaspoon salt1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper1 tablespoon Dijon mustard6 tablespoons extra-virgin oil1 celery rib, diced1 red bell pepper, cored, diced1 bunch scallions, chopped1 1/2 cups canned chickpeasChopped dill, for garnishChopped parsley, for…
Ingredients:2½ lbs. carrotsJuice of 6 oranges (about 2 cups)1 tsp. orange-flower water