Are you a fan of burgers, but looking for a plant-based alternative? Look no further! This vegan burger recipe is delicious, easy to make, and sure to satisfy your cravings. Made with a combination of black beans, brown rice, vegetables, and oats, these burgers are packed with protein and flavor. Plus, they can be grilled or cooked on the stovetop for a quick and convenient meal. So if you're in the mood for a vegan burger that is both tasty and good for you, give this recipe a try!
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 cup finely chopped vegetables (such as bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, or zucchini)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your grill or stovetop griddle to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, mash the black beans with a fork or potato masher until they are mostly broken down.
- Add the cooked rice, chopped vegetables, oats, tomato paste, soy sauce, nutritional yeast, olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, salt, and pepper to the bowl. Mix everything together until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape each portion into a patty.
- Grill the patties for about 5-7 minutes on each side, or until they are nicely browned and heated through. Alternatively, you can cook the patties in a pan on the stovetop over medium-high heat for about the same amount of time.
- Serve the vegan burgers on buns with your favorite toppings, such as lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, ketchup, and mustard. Enjoy!
This vegan burger recipe makes 4 burgers. You can serve them on buns with your favorite toppings, or enjoy them on their own with a side of vegetables or salad. They are flavorful, satisfying, and a great plant-based alternative to traditional burgers.