If you love chili but are looking for a plant-based option, this vegan chili recipe is for you! Packed with flavorful spices and hearty beans and vegetables, this vegan chili is sure to satisfy even the biggest meat-lover. Plus, it's easy to make and can be served on its own or over rice or potatoes for a complete meal. So if you're in the mood for a comforting, delicious, and vegan-friendly dish, give this vegan chili a try!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) corn, drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, and jalapeno (if using) and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cumin, chili powder, paprika, and cayenne (if using) and stir to coat the vegetables.
- Add the diced tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, and water to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20-30 minutes, until the flavors have melded together.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot, garnished with toppings such as chopped cilantro, diced avocado, and vegan sour cream.
This vegan chili recipe serves about 6-8 people and can be served on its own or over rice or potatoes. It's a hearty, flavorful dish that is sure to be a hit with vegans and non-vegans alike!
Pomelo Noodle Salad
You can use another citrus if pomelo isn't available. Blood oranges, cara cara, kishus, etc would be welcome. Also, a quick reminder re: toasted sesame oil - make sure yours isn't rancid. It's one of those oils that tends to sit around people's kitchens. Making sure it's relatively fresh makes a huge difference.Ingredients:6 ounces dried…
Oil and Vinegar Slaw
Ingredients:1/4 cup red wine vinegar2 tablespoons sugar2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil, eyeball it1 sack, 16 ounces, shredded cabbage mix for slaw salads1 teaspoon saltSalt and pepper
Straightforward Spring Salad recipes
Serves 4.Ingredients:1 and 1/2 orange, juice only1/2 lemon, juice only1/2 small red onion, chopped1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil1/8 teaspoon fine grain salt4 big handfuls of salad greens, washed and dried1/2 cup walnut halves, toasted1/3 cup black olives, (the wrinkly, oily ones), pittedInstructions:In a medium bowl whisk together the juice of 1/2 orange, lemon juice,…
Tossed Salad with Mushrooms
Ingredients:2 tablespoons red wine vinegar1/2 teaspoon salt1/8 teaspoon pepper1/2 teaspoon oregano5 tablespoons olive oil8 cups mixed baby salad greens1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved1 8-oz. jar marinated mushrooms, drained
Vegetable Rice Salads with Beans
Ingredients:2 cups waterSalt1 cup short-grain brown rice1/2 pound green beans, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces2 carrots, peeled, diced2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice1/2 teaspoon salt1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper1 tablespoon Dijon mustard6 tablespoons extra-virgin oil1 celery rib, diced1 red bell pepper, cored, diced1 bunch scallions, chopped1 1/2 cups canned chickpeasChopped dill, for garnishChopped parsley, for…
Ingredients:2½ lbs. carrotsJuice of 6 oranges (about 2 cups)1 tsp. orange-flower water