If you love chocolate cake but are looking for a plant-based option, this vegan chocolate cake recipe is for you! Moist, rich, and chocolatey, this vegan chocolate cake is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. Plus, it's easy to make and can be topped with a chocolate ganache or frosting for an extra indulgent touch. So if you're in the mood for a decadent and vegan-friendly dessert, give this vegan chocolate cake a try!
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plant-based milk (such as almond or soy)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (such as white vinegar or apple cider vinegar)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the plant-based milk, vegetable oil, vinegar, and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake the cake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before slicing and serving. You can serve the cake as is, or top it with your favorite frosting or glaze. Enjoy!
Pomelo Noodle Salad
You can use another citrus if pomelo isn't available. Blood oranges, cara cara, kishus, etc would be welcome. Also, a quick reminder re: toasted sesame oil - make sure yours isn't rancid. It's one of those oils that tends to sit around people's kitchens. Making sure it's relatively fresh makes a huge difference.Ingredients:6 ounces dried…
Oil and Vinegar Slaw
Ingredients:1/4 cup red wine vinegar2 tablespoons sugar2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil, eyeball it1 sack, 16 ounces, shredded cabbage mix for slaw salads1 teaspoon saltSalt and pepper
Straightforward Spring Salad recipes
Serves 4.Ingredients:1 and 1/2 orange, juice only1/2 lemon, juice only1/2 small red onion, chopped1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil1/8 teaspoon fine grain salt4 big handfuls of salad greens, washed and dried1/2 cup walnut halves, toasted1/3 cup black olives, (the wrinkly, oily ones), pittedInstructions:In a medium bowl whisk together the juice of 1/2 orange, lemon juice,…
Tossed Salad with Mushrooms
Ingredients:2 tablespoons red wine vinegar1/2 teaspoon salt1/8 teaspoon pepper1/2 teaspoon oregano5 tablespoons olive oil8 cups mixed baby salad greens1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved1 8-oz. jar marinated mushrooms, drained
Vegetable Rice Salads with Beans
Ingredients:2 cups waterSalt1 cup short-grain brown rice1/2 pound green beans, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces2 carrots, peeled, diced2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice1/2 teaspoon salt1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper1 tablespoon Dijon mustard6 tablespoons extra-virgin oil1 celery rib, diced1 red bell pepper, cored, diced1 bunch scallions, chopped1 1/2 cups canned chickpeasChopped dill, for garnishChopped parsley, for…
Ingredients:2½ lbs. carrotsJuice of 6 oranges (about 2 cups)1 tsp. orange-flower water