Welcome to our vegan bean soup recipe! This hearty and flavorful soup is made with a variety of beans, vegetables, and seasonings, and is sure to become a new family favorite. Not only is this soup delicious, it is also packed with nutrients and protein, making it a satisfying and nourishing meal. Best of all, it is easy to make and can be prepared in about an hour. So if you are looking for a vegan meal that is both tasty and satisfying, give this bean soup a try. We think you'll love it!
Here is a recipe for a simple and delicious vegan bean soup:
- 1 cup dried beans (such as kidney beans, black beans, or pinto beans), soaked overnight and drained
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat a little oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, and potato and sauté until the vegetables are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the soaked and drained beans to the pot, along with the chopped tomatoes, vegetable broth, cumin, and paprika. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 1 hour or until the beans are tender.
- Using a blender or immersion blender, puree about half of the soup until smooth. This will help to thicken the soup and add creaminess.
- Return the pureed soup to the pot and adjust the seasonings to taste. Serve hot, garnished with fresh herbs or a dollop of vegan sour cream if desired. Enjoy!
Pomelo Noodle Salad
You can use another citrus if pomelo isn't available. Blood oranges, cara cara, kishus, etc would be welcome. Also, a quick reminder re: toasted sesame oil - make sure yours isn't rancid. It's one of those oils that tends to sit around people's kitchens. Making sure it's relatively fresh makes a huge difference.Ingredients:6 ounces dried…
Oil and Vinegar Slaw
Ingredients:1/4 cup red wine vinegar2 tablespoons sugar2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil, eyeball it1 sack, 16 ounces, shredded cabbage mix for slaw salads1 teaspoon saltSalt and pepper
Straightforward Spring Salad recipes
Serves 4.Ingredients:1 and 1/2 orange, juice only1/2 lemon, juice only1/2 small red onion, chopped1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil1/8 teaspoon fine grain salt4 big handfuls of salad greens, washed and dried1/2 cup walnut halves, toasted1/3 cup black olives, (the wrinkly, oily ones), pittedInstructions:In a medium bowl whisk together the juice of 1/2 orange, lemon juice,…
Tossed Salad with Mushrooms
Ingredients:2 tablespoons red wine vinegar1/2 teaspoon salt1/8 teaspoon pepper1/2 teaspoon oregano5 tablespoons olive oil8 cups mixed baby salad greens1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved1 8-oz. jar marinated mushrooms, drained
Vegetable Rice Salads with Beans
Ingredients:2 cups waterSalt1 cup short-grain brown rice1/2 pound green beans, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces2 carrots, peeled, diced2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice1/2 teaspoon salt1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper1 tablespoon Dijon mustard6 tablespoons extra-virgin oil1 celery rib, diced1 red bell pepper, cored, diced1 bunch scallions, chopped1 1/2 cups canned chickpeasChopped dill, for garnishChopped parsley, for…
Ingredients:2½ lbs. carrotsJuice of 6 oranges (about 2 cups)1 tsp. orange-flower water